Weekly Crypto Market Insights – 21st November
Last week the crypto market marked a slowdown and wait-and-see approach from the industry. After the many bank runs and scale-downs on crypto, it let things settle and calm down a bit, leading the global crypto market to shrink by just -3.35%. As expected, exchange trading volumes were down following a volatile week. Bitcoin went under the $16k mark, and ETH is now trading at $1,120.
The most noteworthy news are mostly around FTX collapse and contagion (creditors are awaiting $3.1 billion, Alameda’s secret exemption from liquidity protocol, etc.); a few crypto hedge funds stated their (optimistic) opinion about crypto; Trump is back on Twitter, and Bloomberg Terminal’s 50 Crypto Assets, among others.
Key Market Metrics
- Binance down by -55%
- Coinbase down by -55%
- Kraken down by -51%
- Binance.US enters the leaderboard, down by -64%
- KuCoin down by -65%
Top Gainers & Losers
Top losers were: NEAR by -17.76%, CRV by -15.72%, AXS by -13.61%, ETHW by -12.74%, and MANA by -11.77%.
Recap of the Most Noteworthy News of Past Week
- This week’s biggest crypto stories
- Last week’s brief recap by The Block
- Previously skeptical billion hedge fund manager says crypto is here to stay
- Top 50 FTX creditors await $3.1 billion payments
- After Elon’s Twitter poll at 51%, Twitter reinstates Trump account
- $138B London-based Hedge Fund to get into crypto by the end of 2022
- Stablecoin’s increased in trading volume following FTX Fraud
- Review of what happenned with the FTX hack
- Review of selection of 50 assets for Bloomberg terminal
- Crypto’s Deep Dive into the red
- Asia-based crypto investment firm’s ties with FTX
- Alameda had Secret Exemption from FTX’s Liquidation Protocols
- FTX pitch deck projections not backed by ‘viable assumptions,’ legal expert says
We are always open to discussing new ideas. Do reach out if you are an exchange or a project looking for liquidity; an algorithmic trader or a software developer looking to improve the markets with us or just have a great idea you can’t wait to share with us!