Baltic Honeybadger 2022 – What to Expect
About Baltic Honeybadger 2022 Conference
The Baltic Honeybadger 2022 is the biggest European Bitcoin-only conference that will bring together 70+ speakers and 600+ attendees to Riga, Latvia, this weekend.
The 2 day conference will cover hot and fundamental bitcoin ecosystem topics, such as mining, trading, smart contracts, security, VCs, legal tender, and many others..
There will be plenty of opportunities to learn, network, and have fun! When the day part of the conference will finish, the side events and parties will begin! So be sure not to miss out on joining the Day 1 official afterparty powered by Gravity Team!
Picture Credits: Hodl Hodl Twitter
Confirmed Speakers at Baltic Honeybadger 2022
Picture Credits: Baltic Honeybadger 2022
There will be over 70 influential bitcoin ecosystem speakers at the conference. Below we introduce a selection of a few that our Twitter followers & we look forward to the most:
- Michael Saylor, the CEO of MicroStrategy, a corporation that owns 129,699 bitcoins, purchased for nearly $4 billion, valued at $2.7 billion (as of June 30, 2022).
- Jack Mallers, the CEO of Zap, a bitcoin investment, and payments company that transacts over the Lightning Network. He announced Shopify integration for payments with bitcoin and partnership with NCR, the world’s largest point-of-sale (POS) supplier, and payments firm Blackhawk for physical crypto payments at Bitcoin 2022 Miami conference.
- Adam Back, the CEO of Blockstream, a leader in Bitcoin and blockchain technology that provides products and services form the foundations for the financial infrastructure of the future;
- Samson Mow, Founder and CEO at Pixelmatic, a gaming development firm, and CEO at JAN3, a Software Development aiming at accelerating hyperbitcoinization;
- Martins Benkitis, Co-Founder and CEO of Gravity Team, one of the fastest-growing crypto market makers, ~1% of the total spot trading volume;
- Giacomo Zucco, a Bitcoin educator and consultant at BCademy.
Baltic Honeybadger Agenda
Day 1 of the Conference, 03/09
On the first day, the conference will host several keynote speeches and panel talks on topics such as bitcoin mining, VCs, Layer 2s, sidechains, and CBDCs on the Bitcoin stage. Sats stage will feature a few talks on bitcoin development, wrapped bitcoin, and legal tender in El Salvador, among others.
There will also be an open mic stage that will allow participants to step in and pitch their ideas and projects.
A Few Noteworthy Day 1 Speeches
- Bitcoin Stage: Opening speech– held by Max Kei, the Baltic Honeybadger conference organizer & the CEO of HodlHodl.
- Bitcoin stage: Q&A– hosted by Daniel Prince and questions answered by Michael Saylor, the CEO of Microstrategy.
- Sats Stage: Trading- hosted by Matthew Mezinskis and panel speakers Ambroid, Martins Benkitis, Nik Oraevskiy, and Riccardo Masutti.
- Bitcoin Stage: Sidechains & L2 – hosted by Aaron Van Wirdum, the discussion panel will welcome Adam Back, Paul Sztrock, Steven Roose, Obi Nwosu, and Lisa Neigut.
The Official Afterparty Sponsored by Gravity Team
After a day of speaker sessions and panel discussions are done, join us for the official afterparty powered by Gravity Team right outside the venue!
Come mingle with the other conference attendees and enjoy:
- A couple of hours of an open bar with crypto-themed cocktails;
- DJs, artists;
- And other entertainment!
Day 2 of the Conference, 03/09
The 2nd and the final day of the conference will present itself with appearances from some of the most prominent names in the bitcoin world, such as Jack Mallers, Dan Held, Samson Mow, and many others!
Topics covered include security, emerging markets, smart contracts, fungibility, economy, bitcoin in islamic finance, and unpopular opinion, among others!
A Few Noteworthy Day 2 Speeches
- Untitled Bitcoin Stage: presentation by Jack Mallers.
- Security at Bitcoin stage by Peter Todd, Pavol Rusnak, Douglas Bakkum, and Rigel Walsh.
- Stats Stage: Smart contracts panel- hosted by Aaron Van Wirdum along with guests speakers Daniel Karzel, Maksim Orlovsky, Eric Sirion, and Steven Roose.
- Emerging markets at Sats Stage, Hosted by Vlad Costea and panel by Anita Posch, Dany Alos, and Obi Nwosu.
Picture Credits: Baltic Honeybadger 2022
This is going to be an eventful weekend ahead. So get your batteries recharged to soak in & make the most of the ample learning, networking, and great parties to come!
See you there!
We are always open to discussing new ideas. Do reach out if you are an exchange or a project looking for liquidity; an algorithmic trader or a software developer looking to improve the markets with us or just have a great idea you can’t wait to share with us!