Chief Financial Officer
About Gravity Team
Trading since 2017, Gravity Team is one of the leading crypto market makers and liquidity providers, with cumulative trading volumes to date in excess of $50 billion.
We provide 24/7 crypto liquidity to 1,200+ crypto-asset pairs across 25+ exchanges located in over 15 countries worldwide, making ~1% of the global spot trading volume. The company is in a high-growth phase as we continue to expand our team of 30+ top talent.
We are looking for a tech savvy Chief Financial Officer who is excited about the future of finance, to join us in monitoring, managing and optimising our global flow of cash and crypto assets.
- A problem solver. There will be many challenges every day with sub-optimal choices. You should be able to make the best choice given the risks, opportunities and limiting factors.
- Focusing on results. Urge to get results & things done is what differentiates between success and the rest.
- Take initiative. As a CFO you will be responsible for solving complex issues to which no one else will have an answer for. You will need to take the leap into testing new assumptions and parameters.
- A team player. We thrive together as a team! You will have to listen well and present your ideas in an environment where the best ideas win.
Your main responsibilities
- Optimize and automate all reconciliations of revenue, expenses, assets, liabilities and equity, monthly P&L.
- Corporate structuring: work closely with CLO to build our corporate structure and plan the cash flow across multiple entities and jurisdictions
- Finance Operations: cost of capital and loan capital optimization, supporting our venture investment operations and analysis
- Automate the payment of invoices and expense management
- Direct and indirect tax computations, optimisation and reporting
- Project management – Push the implementation of the new ledger system. Work with the developers and 3rd party vendors to create compliant and easy to manage accounting systems and processes. Ensure financial data integrity as the business expands.
- In the foreseeable future, managing the relationship with external auditors for annual/interim audits
What we expect
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field with a significant quantitative element
- At least 5 years experience in a high-performance environment; experience working in trading companies/fintech is preferred
- Experience in leading the tax or accounting planning for an international company
- Experience with the best-in-class automation systems and functions where scalability is driven by technology, rather than headcount and manual work
- Experience in crypto tax is a plus
- Understanding of blockchain and trading (derivatives, futures) is a plus.
- Strong interest and curiosity in algorithmic trading and decentralised finance is a plus
- Owner mindset – focus on delivering the most value to the markets and the most value to the company
- Ability to be in the office at least 40% of the time
What we offer
- Hands-on insight into one of the most exciting and lucrative industries today. Our work contributes to transforming the current financial industry and democratising access to digital goods across the world.
- Very competitive salary with profit sharing that is tied to your and your market’s performance. The upside is unlimited
- Extremely open idea meritocracy
- Fast-moving, challenging and truly unique business problems
- A-class work environment in Zunda Towers, free parking
- Flexible working hours, casual work attire and startup atmosphere
- Paid company lunches & dinners, fully stocked kitchens
- Health and dental insurance, fitness incentives
- Location flexibility down the road
- Company events & retreats